§ 91.515 Flight altitude rules.
(1) One thousand feet above the surface, or 1,000 feet from any mountain, hill, or other obstruction to flight, for day operations; and
(2) The altitudes prescribed in §91.177, for night operations.
(b) This section does not apply—
(1) During takeoff or landing;
(2) When a different altitude is authorized by a waiver to this section under subpart J of this part; or
(3) When a flight is conducted under the special VFR weather minimums of §91.157 with an appropriate clearance from ATC.