AeroManual.com is an aviation education and reference web site. It presents, as a public service, all of the critical learning and reference materials for the Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot, and ATP License in an easier-to-use searchable hyper-linked "wiki" format. The site is based on the free open-source MediaWiki software (the same software that runs Wikipedia).
All members of the aviation training community are welcome to avail themselves of the resources on this site. Although the information is presented with a particular focus of benefitting Certified Ground Instructors, Certified Flight Instructors, and Student Pilots, it is provided as a public service for all.
Ground instruction and flight instruction can only be administered effectively by experienced and licensed ground and flight instructors, but effective home study is essential as well. Take extensive notes as you read- they'll help you in your preparation for the Knowledge and Oral exams. Also, note any questions you have about the material, so that you can discuss them with your flight instructor during your next lesson.
Student Pilots seeking a Private Pilot License for Aircraft Single-Engine Land (PPL/ASEL) are advised to focus their study on:
- Part 43 Sections §43.1 - §43.16
- Part 61 Sections §61.1 - §61.95, §61.102 - §61.117
- Part 91 Sections §91.1 - §91.161, §91.203 - §91.217, §91.303 - §91.319, §91.401 - §91.421, §91.703, §91.707, §91.709
Source material on this site includes:
- FAA-H-8083-25A, Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, 2008
- e-CFR Data current as of March 5, 2012
- FAA Aeronautical Information Manual, February 9, 2012